Monday, September 12, 2011

Are you a bystander or a hero?

It's been ten years since the attack on our country on 9-11. A lot has happened, and I truly believe we, as a country, have lost our innocence. This has happened in almost every other country in the free world, especially in Europe.

The thought of losing one's innocence and realizing there are terrifying things out there in the world affected me, after 9-11. That's one thing that made me want to write my current books for sale (below) that show how one person's life is changed when confronted with evil.




I also will have another book coming out soon, where a woman named Kes is an innocent bystander in a country where she thought she'd be a tourist. Her boss pulls her into a coup, to take back a country for the people and against a dictatorship. She has to decide if she wants to stay innocent or actually fight for what's right. It's entitled, 'Get Me Out Of Africa.'

What would you do if you were in a situation where you had to ignore the problem or become a fighter? In remembrance of 9-11, could you take on the terrorists like the hero Todd Beamer did, on flight 93? (Todd Beamer's biography, and an article about his heroic act. ) Or would you sit on a plane and not know what to do? I ask myself that question a lot, not knowing the answer and hoping I'm never in that situation. I hope I'm a fighter who can say 'Let's roll,' not to make a name for myself, but to save more lives, just like Todd did. Or I hope I can be like Kes in my next book or the main character in any of my books, who steps up for what's right.

It just makes me think...and I hope my books do the same for you.

Ciao,
Andie Alexander


2 comments:

  1. Wow powerful questions, Andie. I don't know what I would do. Emotionally, I could see myself being pulled in by the emotional of right verses wrong. But, what if the power of persuasion is wrong. Clearly Todd Beamer had the clear cut answer. A true hero, he rose up when put in against overwhelming odds. His sacrifice and all those on that plane and the first responders at the Pentagon and World Trade Towers were truly without regard to their own self interest. Amazing and give us much to inspire too. Thank you for such great questions on this day after the Tenth Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Tessa. Right vs. wrong, action vs. inaction. Whichever you choose, your life's going to change forever. Great comment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete