Monday, March 5, 2012

Bummer...

Last week, after fixing the furnace and replacing our garage door, my 'a' key on my laptop started to stick.  I'd type and get aaaaaaaaaaaa across the screen.

So I took the thing to Geek Squad.  Since it's a laptop, they have to replace the entire keyboard.  That means I'd be without a laptop for 2 weeks.  Bummer.  But I'd backed up all my data/books/etc., on an external hard drive.

My husband has a desktop computer and a net book.  I was using the net book this past weekend (I use his desktop when he's not there, because it's easier to type on), and for some reason, my entire external hard drive was suddenly corrupted.  No data.  No books.  Nothing.  I didn't back it up TWICE.

Now, if you know anything about Geek Squad, you'd know they send their repairs to the closest main headquarters.  Ours is in Louisville, KY...and it was sent out just before the big tornadoes in that area.

Thus, I have little to do now.  I'm thinking of writing a new book.  But just realize...I feel like one arm is tied behind my back.  I don't even have my passwords.  As soon as I get them, I'm printing them out and copying that page, placing it in various places around the house.  Now just to remember where I put those papers.  UGH!

Have a great week.  I'm off to (gasp) clean the house unless I find something better to do.

Smiles,
Markee

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Markee! How awful! Why does everything decide to break at once? I don't know how you stay so calm. I'd be climbing the walls without all my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a challenge, to say the least! I did find a really old copy of a book of mine, from 2010...so I'm editing that thing and am considering just writing another new book. LOL!

    But thanks for your sympathies! :) I just hope I'm done with things breaking for a while. LOL!

    ReplyDelete