Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blog Hop 18--and a new book: A Guardian Angel's Kiss

I’ve been tagged by the talented Diane Craver for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. In this Blog Hop, the goal is to find out about new books we haven't heard of or that are still works in progress. The rules state that I have to answer ten questions, and then at the bottom of my post, I've listed the author(s) who will come after me for next Wednesday.

Here are my ten questions, with answers:

1. What is the working title of your book?
Book #30 is out! 'A Guardian Angel's Kiss' was just indie published. See www.eryngrace.com/aguardianangelskiss.html for details.



2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
This book came from the idea of an imperfect heroine, saved by a guardian angel. The heroine is contemplating suicide, after being raped and finding out she's pregnant from the rape.

3. What genre does your book fall under?
Christian romance

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
For the heroine, I'd like someone sassy but knows her place and is classy. For the hero, he has to be able to play the part of an E.R. doctor who cares. I'm not sure which actors would fit these days, but they'd have to be young.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Gina Russell thinks the only way out of her situation is death, but by an unusual circumstance, an E.R. doctor gives her hope and convinces her she's worthy to do a lot more in her life.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It usually takes me about a week or so to do a first draft. I wrote this one so long ago, I forget how long it took me.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Any Christian book about hope.

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I've known so many people who have been touched by the suicide of a loved one, I wanted people who are considering such a drastic measure to rethink their actions. Sometimes it just takes the touch of one other person or some change in someone's situation to give a person hope for their future. There's so much to live for, and so many lives to change for the better.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
This story is also about family, and how being accepted into a family, even if it's just a group of people, can mean a lot to someone who's down and out.


I had a tough time getting five people to follow me, because most of the people I know are either doing this blog hop for someone else, or didn't know five people who would follow them, so they opted out.  However, I did get one wonderful author to follow me  next week, on Halloween:  L.M. Boeltz.  Her blog is here (http://www.weaverofshadows.com/weavers_blog.html).  She writes scary books, which is perfect for Halloween.  Her Amazon author's page is here (http://www.amazon.com/L-M-Boelz/e/B008D5QUYY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1).

2 comments:

  1. What a great subject for a book and I love the cover. It seems perfect for the storyline. I definitely want to read this and I'm so glad you chose this particular story to share. I hope you have continued success with all your wonderful novels. Thanks for doing the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diane!!! I truly appreciate the comment. :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete