Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Review: Second Chance Bride (A Sapphire Bay Novella) by Sandra Edwards

Since I've been pretty much banned from writing reviews on Amazon (turns out they don't like authors reviewing their family's or friends' books) and am in fear of them pulling all my books, I have to resort to writing reviews elsewhere.

I don't get a chance to read a lot, so these reviews will be very few and very very far between.  I also don't review books I don't like, because I don't like giving less than a 5-star review.  I go by the adage 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

So any book I review here, assume I'd give it a 5-star review on Amazon, IF I could.  I've had too many reviews pulled and don't want to chance upsetting Amazon.

Anyway, Sandra Edwards asked me to read her book and review it.  Even though I told her I couldn't put it on Amazon, she said, 'read it anyway...you'll like it' and I did!  I'm glad I did.

Here's the book link and cover:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LYD3YD2




There's one thing about Ms. Edwards' writing that intrigues me.  She's a true storyteller.  She knows just how to bring things into a plot at just the right time.  And this book didn't disappoint.  I truly enjoyed it!

Here's the blurb from Amazon:


*****


After being jilted, practically at the altar, Genie Wainwright heads to Hawaii to escape the well-meant pity party her friends and family are bound to throw on her behalf. What she never expects is to find someone to help her mend her broken heart.

Donnie Taylor, owner of the posh Sapphire Bay Resort, has no interest in marriage--until he meets an unforgettable guest at the hotel. What starts out as a kindhearted gesture brings Donnie something he never expects--a chance at love!

*Second Chance Bride is a short novella of approximately 11,000 words. About 46 pages.


*****

I love how she takes a bad situation and turns it on its head, in ways I couldn't imagine.  In the story, the heroine (Genie) decides to take the honeymoon she was supposed to go on, upgrading it to a slightly different location.  She gets a chance to reflect on life while in Hawaii, yet is left alone.

The hero's mother is hilarious.  She loves to meddle in Donnie's life, and this time, I get the impression he's about had it with her.  It's a fun book and put a smile on my face more than once.  I consider it worthy of a Hallmark movie, with just the right amount of romance and excitement.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fun romances with character.  Like I said before, Ms. Edwards is a true storyteller and it really shows in her writing. 

Have a super weekend!

Markee 

1 comment: