Friday, July 3, 2015

Series of Books

Series of books sell, or so I'm told.  I have quite a few started, and have to write more to get them all going to get a series.

My problem is this...how do you end a series when it's about one set of characters?  Case in point--my Extreme Travel books by Andie Alexander.  I have four of these published, but have another seven written and ready to publish.  When do I end?  HOW do I end?  Should I kill them all off or just have them sail into the sunset?

I look at books like those from Janet Evanovich--Stephanie Plum books.  I haven't read past number 15, myself (they're hilarious), but from what I'm seeing, she doesn't plan to ever end this series.  I suspect her readership will tire of it, because of the ongoing struggles the main character has that she can't resolve.

So when to end a series?  I'm not sure, but I'm thinking six is the magic number...or less.  However, for my Extreme Travel books, I'm going to keep going until at least number ten, that I already have written.

Let me know what you think and what you like to read, please?

Have a great week!
Markee

No comments:

Post a Comment