Friday, July 24, 2015

Why Do I Write?

My kids often ask me, 'why do you write?'  They know it's not for the money, it's not for the fame, and it's not for bragging rights or seeing my pen name's book in the bookstore.  I don't have any of that, but it's okay.

I write because I have to.  Period.  These plot bunnies keep filling my head all day long.  I have to write them down.  Why not put them in a book and share my silly ideas with others?

I thought this was all for naught, but recently, I saw a review posted a while back that verified that I'm not the only one who enjoys my plots.  I received a review for the fourth of the Extreme Travel books, 'Please Don't Blow Up the Neighbors' by Andie Alexander that was just wonderful.  I don't know if I should thank the reviewer or not, because when an author does that, they get pegged by trolls and get zinged.  I don't want that to happen.

But thank you to that reviewer.  You have no idea what you did for me.  Now I have a real reason to write--for my fans.  I can also tell my kids that.  I have fans.  Actually, most of my pen names have fans, waiting for the next book.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  You completely made my year!  :)

Have a wonderful week!
Markee/Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment