Friday, August 21, 2015

Help! I've been 'timejacked'!

In all honesty, I thought I made up that word--timejacking. But there seems to be a way to timejack something with bitcoins.  Don't even ask me to explain it.

I looked up the term timejack and it's not listed on dictionary.com.  So I figured I'd give it my OWN definition.

We've all been timejacked, to some extent.  That's when you think you have time to do something and someone else comes along and sucks your time into their life.  It's like hijacking your time for themselves.

Here's an example.  I sit down to write, happy that I have a full day with nothing planned, thus I can do as I wish.  I wish to write.  Plain and simple.  No more than a second has passed than the phone rings.  It's one of my kids who wants to whine about being bored and they want me to entertain them.  I tell them I don't have time to entertain them, but they seem to suck an hour of my time away from writing for their own entertainment, saying pretty much nothing.  Right when I hang up, someone comes to the door trying to sell me something.  After arguing for ten minutes that I don't need another toothbrush from a door-to-door salesman and showing them the dozen or so that I already have, I close the door and sit down to write.  I no sooner get one more word written than the dog vomits on the floor and I have to clean it up.  Then I get an email from a friend who hasn't talked to me in MONTHS telling me all about their life and that they need moral support of some type.
Needless to say, there goes over two hours of my time--I've been timejacked.

This happens to me a lot.  I seem to lose precious time to others wanting my attention.  It's not that I don't want to help others, or that I don't care, but I just want a few hours alone, to write.

Do you have this problem?  Do you ever get timejacked?  I wish I had a private island to escape to, that had no Internet, no phones, no people, but just my laptop and peace and quiet.  Ever wish that?

I'm off to write...again.  I wonder how long it'll be before I'm timejacked yet again?  I should take out bets and make some cash on the idea.  LOL!

Have a great week!
Markee

No comments:

Post a Comment