Friday, November 20, 2015

New Plots Needed--ASAP!!

This is the time of year I like to watch Christmas/Thanksgiving/holiday movies.  Many different channels have them (Hallmark, ABC Family, etc.) and I have my favorites.  Overall, they're not the BEST movies around, and if the main characters don't have chemistry, I'm inclined to turn it off.  But worse than that are the plots.

I watched one of these movies recently with a very overused plot.  In this one, the woman was going to a family gathering for Thanksgiving.  She was engaged, but at the last minute, the rotten fiancé dumps her.  Rotten man.  And he's very rich, and she just lost her job (of course).

So, this woman finds or pays (or kidnaps) a fake fiancé to take to the social gathering.  The family has no idea he's a fake, because he plays along.

How many times have you seen this same plot idea used in movies?  I can think of four right off the top of my head.

Why can't someone come up with a NEW idea for a plot and actually use that instead of the overused ones?  Or, is it just me who is getting annoyed?  I could give them tons of new plot ideas to use...they should call me.  LOL!

Have a great week!
Markee

No comments:

Post a Comment