Friday, November 6, 2015

What's Your New Month's Resolution?

I had a wonderful thought.  You know how every January 1, we all make these resolutions for the year?  What if we did that EVERY month?

I know some of my writing friends are working on NaNoWriMo.  That's a challenge that runs every November.  It stands for National Novel Writing Month.  The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month.  Teams of local writers meet up and compete against teams around the globe, to see who can write the most.  There are also ways to turn those 50,000 words into a book.  So for those folks, there's your goal.  That's around 1667 words a day (a little over 6 pages that are double spaced, containing 250 words per page).

I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year, but have done it in the past.  For me, my challenges are a little more personal.  My goal is to get my age in years published before my next birthday in April.  I'll be 55, so I have 5 more books to publish before April.  That means a book a month between now and the end of March.  I want to give myself a little leeway, in case the holidays derail me.  So this month, I'm going to aim for 1.5 books, and the same in December.  That way, I have a little more time, just in case.

What's your goal?  It doesn't have to be writing related.  I also have goals for the rest of my life, and will post at least one of them on one of my other blogs.

Have a wonderful week!
Markee

No comments:

Post a Comment