Thursday, December 10, 2015

Getting to Know Me

I love to talk to people.  I find out the most interesting things from the strangest situations.  My husband says I talk to everyone and it's frustrating for him (he's a major introvert).  But when I go to Walmart, for example, I talk to the cashier.  Why not?  They're fun to talk to and have great ideas.

I've also found that some people give me great ideas for plots.  For example, I was standing in line talking to the woman in front of me.  She was with her granddaughter and her new great grandson.  She said she was only 65.  She'd had a tough life, adopting her granddaughter when the girl was born.  The girl now drives the grandma around, because the grandma can't drive.

Wow.  What a cool idea for a book!  It's a win-win for both parties...a chauffeur for grandma and a built-in babysitter for the granddaughter.

The more I talk to people, the more ideas I have for plots and characters.  It's fun and never boring.  I haven't gone to a coffee shop and eavesdropped yet, but the day is young.  LOL!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment