Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Beer Can Hamburgers

So I went to Walmart the other day.  I know a few of the people who work there, since I go so often.  There's one guy there, that I call 'Mike the Meat Guy.'  I don't really know his last name, but he works in the meat department.  He tells me funny stories and tells me what's on sale that day.  Great guy.  He and my husband even laugh together.

Anyway, he gave me a recipe I HAVE to share.  He said to me, 'have you ever had beer can hamburgers.'  I told him I don't drink--can't stand the taste or the effects, after having an alcoholic uncle.  He said, 'no, you don't understand.'  But this being Wisconsin, a lot of people drink to stay warm, so I assumed he meant that the meat had beer in it.

He described this and I think it'd be delicious.  You don't have to use a beer can, either.  Any can would work.

You make a hamburger patty like normal.  But then, press the can into the thing to make the center thinner than the outsides.  In that impression, add onion, mushrooms, or even cheese--whatever you like on your burgers.

YUM!  And no beer included, so even the kids could eat these!

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment