Friday, January 15, 2016

How about this for a fix for osteoarthritis?

I went to the doctor last week for my diabetes check.  I'm doing okay...need to lose a few pounds, but overall okay.  I mentioned to the guy that my foot hurt and has been in pain since September.  He ordered X-rays right away.  He said it could be a stress fracture, or it could be osteoarthritis.  Either way, it meant a boot.  If it's arthritis, then physical therapy, and a visit to a podiatrist.  I just saw dollar signs during the entire visit.

Turns out, I have osteoarthritis and the beginnings of a bone spur.  Lucky me.  Right on the top of my foot, too.  From what I understand, there's not a lot they can do for it, other than remove the bone spur.

I was thinking about it, though.  What if someone invented a fix for osteoarthritis?  The way I understand it, osteoarthritis is when the cartilage has worn away.  So why can't they put a bag of silicone between the bones, that can be refilled when necessary?  It could be glued to the bones.  OR even put a piece of plastic or silicone between the bones so the bones don't rub together.  I haven't seen anything like that mentioned online, so I don't think it's being done yet.

Think of how much pain would be stopped with something like this.  Hmmm...might have to put that in a book.

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment