Wednesday, January 20, 2016

If you could have any job...

I asked our youngest daughter if she could have any job, what would she do?  She's in college right now but isn't too keen on her major.  Actually, she doesn't like any major, but wants that college degree.  If it were up to her, she'd be a secret agent or a pole dancer or something.

So I went to lifehack.org and joined that site.  It's really cool, if you want to embrace life and strive to be good at what you do.  I clicked on this link:  http://www.lifehack.org/348780/30-little-things-to-do-to-become-a-different-you-in-2016 and it said in number 4 to do this workbook to find your passion.  Of course I signed up for the workshop, but asked my daughter what her passion was.  If she could do anything, what would she do?

Now, you have to know the type of person she is.  She's extremely creative and very bright (and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom).  She had a 4.0 GPA in high school and graduated a year early because she'd fulfilled the requirements.  She has one more year left in college, and has a 3.99 GPA (thanks to one A- in a course her first semester). She's majoring in web design and media development but doesn't ever ever ever want to do any programming or coding...even though she's good at it.  She has no idea what she wants to do in life, even considering joining the military for something to do (and she's REALLY not military material).

So back to the question.  If she could do anything, what would she do?  Brace yourself for this one.  She wants to be a criminal but not do the crime.  So, for example, she wants to break in and make people think she's stolen, but doesn't want to steal anything, just to make them nervous.  She said she just wants to do it for the thrill. Yikes. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on that girl. LOL!

She loves to plot books...but doesn't like writing them.  She spends HOURS creating stories to the songs she listens to, just for fun.  Needless to say, she needs some sort of direction in her life, but it's going to be up to her to find it.

If you could do anything in life that you wanted to do, what would it be?  Don't think money or fame, but what would make you the happiest if you did it?

I'm writing a book right now where one character asks another that exact question.  His response?  To help others up from a bad place.  He wants to help people who get out of jail, or help the homeless, or even serve those who've lost everything.  Did I have that in mind when I started the book?  Not even close.  But that happens to me a lot...the characters tell me what they want to say, in a weird plot development as I write.

So what's your weird plot development for your life?  Have you ever considered just quitting everything and doing something you love to do, regardless of the money or fame?  You have one life and one chance to do that.  What's holding you back?

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment