Here are the answers from yesterday:
1. My _NIECE_ is a great person. (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/niece?s=t)
D. sister's kid (can't spell it)
2. The __BRAKES____ on my car went out and it careened down the hill. (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/brakes?s=t)
D. stoppy thingies
3. Her _GRAMMAR___ was atrocious. (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grammar?s=t)
D. language thingie
4. The _SMITHS'_____ house is a place of junk. (shows possession of members of t he household: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp and http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/qanda/data/faq/topics/PossessivesandAttributives/faq0014.html)
D. house of the family of Smith
5. My _DOGS__ are hilarious. (seehttp://www.edufind.com/english-grammar/plural-nouns/)
D. four-legged pets
6. We have a _CHIMNEY__ so Santa will have a place to enter our home. (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chimney?s=t)
D. sticky-up thing on top of our house
7. _____ car was an eyesore. (see http://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/their-there-theyre)
8. Her hands were __TIED__ up in the murder mystery. (see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tied?s=t)
9. __NOBODY'S__ perfect. (see https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92816442296248002/ -- LOL! and http://bit.ly/1PFSuW6)
10. We _WERE__ there, in that house. (see http://writingexplained.org/where-were-vs-wear-difference)
D. needed to be
So how did you do? Did you get them all right?
If you chose any or all letter 'D' answers, I consider you to be into 'avoidance.' We've all been there, even me. So hang in there and don't beat yourself up too badly.
Have a great week!