Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Luck of an Antelope

Yes, my daughter just told me she has the luck of an antelope.

HUH???

Let's review.  Antelopes have to run in herds because they are hunted by various other animals.  They hae to be really fast or they're dead.  Also, they don't live in North America, unlike the song 'Home on the Range' suggests.  (We have a breed called a pronghorn that does live here and is called an antelope, but really isn't--wikipedia).

So how is that lucky to have to be able to outrun the animals chasing you?  Beats me.  However, if you want to say something isn't lucky, then yes...the luck of an antelope wouldn't be something good.  So I guess my daughter doesn't think she's lucky?

I'm going to use that in a book some day.  Keep an eye out for it.  It'll be our little joke.  LOL!

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books


No comments:

Post a Comment