Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Why Are You Here?

Have you ever wondered why you were put on earth?  I know...that's a deep question.  But I'm working on a book that has an ordinary character do extraordinary things to save the world.  She thought she was nothing, even worrying she'd be put in jail for being a whistleblower.

It got me to wondering...why was I put on earth?  I'm sure everyone has wondered that at one point in their lives.  Is it to tell a story or to take care of others?  Maybe it's to produce some amazing product or even to entertain others?

I honestly believe we all have a mission in life, and we should figure out what it is and fulfill it.  My sister died from cancer at the age of 49.  But before she left us, she made a video that said just that.  'Find your mission and do it.  You're stronger than you think.'  It was an amazing video, short, and to the point.

So what's your mission?  Why are you here?  For me, I think my mission is to tell stories to others.  No, I'm not rich or famous, but if I can reach and entertain just one person with my stories, I've fulfilled my mission.  If I make just one person smile, or rethink something bad they want to do, I've fulfilled my mission.  If I can help just one person in some way, I've done what my sister demanded in her video.

Have you ever thought about it?  I'd be curious to know what you think.

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment