Some of us are really good at losing readers. Some of us keep readers as die-hard fans.
What's the difference?
Well here are five ways to lose the readers. I know, because I'm one of the readers you've lost.
1. Be political in your narrative (don't even care which type of politics you state).
2. Be preachy (some may say I've broken this rule, but I write books for people who like to read that type of book).
3. Offend someone (see yesterday's post).
4. Make your main character too stupid to live.
5. Make your plot so convoluted, the reader can't follow it.
Have any more?
Have a great week!