Friday, February 5, 2016

It's Friday! Put On Your Dancing Shoes

I wish I could put on my dancing shoes!  If I tried that, I'd put a hip out--and that's just from putting on the shoes.  Have you seen those things?

It's Friday!  Have anything fun planned for this weekend?  Us, either.  But I love weekends like that.  I get to do whatever I want and no one bugs me.  If I go grocery shopping today, I even get the whole weekend off, with only having to cook.  AND, if I talk my husband into going out to eat, I don't even have to cook.

When I have weekends with nothing planned, then I run into a dilemma.  What do I do all weekend?  Sometimes, that's more stressful than having something planned that I hate to do...like anything social.  When I have something planned, I can spend the hours worrying about what to say or even dreading having to go (have I mentioned that I'm an introvert?).

So, this weekend, I'm going to plan my free time.  Yes, you heard it.  All weekend will be planned so I have no downtime.  Ridiculous.  But this is the world we live in.  Our attention is divided most of the time, and we have things thrown at us all the time.

Some of my 'downtime' will be to lie down and think.  Some call it 'napping.'  I call it 'plotting.'

Some of my downtime will be to laugh and move.  I love doing that the most.  Those are my 'dancing shoes' since I can't dance and never could do it well.

What will you do this weekend?  Anything fun planned?  Anything stressful going on that you're dreading?

Have a wonderful weekend!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment