Sunday, March 13, 2016

Do You Play Games for your Brain?

I was out for coffee with a friend of mine (she's a hoot) and we talked about getting older and how it's the pits.  We can't remember anything.  She, and I, both play games to keep our brains sharp.  I play a bunch of different games every day--7 little words, TriPeaks Solitaire, Bubbles, two different block puzzles, a maze, two math games, TileMap, Magnetic Balls, Mahjong, Mancala, backgammon, scrabble, and Sudoku.  I have all the games on my Nook.  Most of the games were free.  I play them to stay sharp.

Why play games for my brain?  The older we get, the easier it is to lose brain cells, I think.  I know my memory's not what it used to be.

If you're younger, start playing the games now.  Just pick anything that makes you remember, concentrate, or think.  It's fun, and trying to beat your score is kind of fun.

So play along with me.  Enjoy it!  I'm really good at backgammon and Sudoku. LOL!

Have a great week!  Don't forget to change your clocks if you haven't done so already (spring up, fall back).
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment