Friday, March 18, 2016

Have You Ever Played With Someone's Head?



I was having this email conversation with our youngest daughter.  She's always having a crisis of  college major.  It's just who she is.  Anyway, she found something she really likes doing.  It's SEO for websites (and no, I have no idea what she's talking about so don't expect me to explain it).  

I said, cool!  I can see you doing this in a job.  * Note, I don't even understand it, but encouragement goes a long way. *

She said the other kids make fun of her because she's not coding but is doing graphic design work and SEO work.

I told her that all entrepreneurs are treated badly.  I'm sure Bill Gates and Thomas Edison were made fun of at first.

She was surprised.  "I'm going to be an entrepreneur?" she asked me.


I wrote:  "Um…guess I jumped ahead in time a bit.  I forgot to tell you…I can time travel.  Forget I said anything.  Butterflies…"

(For those of you who've seen Heroes, that'll make sense.) 

It took her a while to respond, but she believed I could time travel.   She wrote, 'You're joking, right?  You can't be serious.'

I laughed so hard, I about shot coffee out my nose at my laptop screen.

Some days, kids just crack me up!

Have a great and fun weekend!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment