Friday, March 4, 2016

Hot Hero Occupations

Quick...if you were to read about the hottest hero, what would his job be?  Did it include anything like a doctor, cop, or someone of power?

Well, I looked it up (of course) to find out for myself.  However, I honestly believe it's different for every reader.  For example, I like reading about men in power who are sensitive at the same time.  I'm thinking doctors, cops, spies, cowboys, Navy SEALs, businessmen, lawyers...powerful jobs.  But people in those professions might thing otherwise.

This article: 10 Most Popular Professions for Romance Novel Heroes  talks about a book that looks at the professions for romance novels.  The authors looked at 15,000 Harlequin romances and came up with a list. Here are the top 10 from that article:

1. Doctor
2. Cowboy
3. Boss
4. Prince
5. Rancher
6. Knight
7. Surgeon
8. King
9. Bodyguard
10. Sheriff

Hmmm...doctor/surgeon, cop/sheriff, cowboy/rancher, businessmen (boss).  The only things I'm missing are the royalty (prince, knight, king), and a bodyguard (could be considered a spy/cop type).  And yes, I made my list before I found this article.

What makes a great hero job when you read a romance?

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books


-------------------------------------------------------
More References:


Macho all the way…13 occupations for romantic heroes
Creating Great Heroes and Heroines
What's My Line? Character Professions in the Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment