Saturday, March 12, 2016

Plot Thoughts

I’ve watched all the episodes of Leverage, and love watching them over and over again.  If you’ve never seen it, I’d highly recommend it.  The team’s goal is to take on the bad guys, to give the little guy leverage over the bad guy, and to finally win and get back what they deserve.  Here are the opening credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7fSmmvfJg.  If you do a search on Youtube.com, you’ll see entire episodes of the discontinued series.

The team employs different versions of con games to get the job done.  So I thought, how cool would it be to write some stories where con games are used to get what is due for the little guy, like in the show, Leverage.  It’s been done many times, in various movies (here’s a list of con game movies: http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-best-con-artist-movies.html).  Helping the underdog win is a theme to these types of shows (see the Equalizer at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer).  Personally, I just love with the underdog wins.

Thus, I looked up different con games.  It seems there’s a whole list or two or so of various con games.  I had no idea they were so famous.


Taking the ‘twisted plotster’ into account, I wonder what would happen if you mixed a con game with something else?  Romance?  Oh yeah…the Romance Scam.   Paranormal?  Oh yeah…the fortune-telling fraud.  Wow.  There seems to be a con for everything.  I’m thinking this might be a good idea for a plot.  Some of the cons are really convoluted, so the tough part is to figure out how to explain it so it makes sense in the plot.

Anyone up for a con story?  Stay tuned…some day I’ll figure out how to write one.  

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment