Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The 'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you...let's get married' syndrome

I've read my fair share of romances through the years.  The ones that crack me up the most are the ones I call the 'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you...let's get married' syndrome ones.

Based on the old Doris Day comedy movies (at least I think so), the hero and heroine started out hating each other.  Thus, when they did fall in love, it was against all odds and a bigger 'win' for the viewer.

This is a classic way to write a romance these days.  But some authors have taken it a step farther, to the point of being unbelievable.  Who would believe a woman beating up a man, either figuratively or literally, and then turning around and marrying him in a short amount of time?  No one.

Have you ever read a book like this?  Drives me nuts!  What do you think?

Have a great week!
Markee/SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment