Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20 -- Hide Out Day

In my mind, I call April 20 'Hide Out Day.'  Why, you ask?

Well, April 20 always seems to be a 'bad' day to me and is considered to be the 'worst day of the year' according to The strange history of April 20, from Hitler to Deepwater Horizon.  I didn't realize that until 1999, when the massacre in Columbine High School in, Littleton, Colorado, happened.  If you don't know the reference because you're too young or aren't from the U.S., here is the account of that day:  Columbine High School Shootings

I remember working from home at that time, unable to wrench myself from the television.  I was horrified something like that could happen.

Then I found out more.  The supposed reason the two perps chose April 20 was because it was Adolf Hitler's birthday.  He was born on 4/20/1889.

It's also the day the oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 (called the Deepwater Horizon), and the day AFTER the Oklahoma City bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building (April 19, 1995).

For all you drug culturists, it's also the celebration of '420' crowd of people who use marijuana.  Wonderful.  People who are high are out in public or something.  Definitely not my scene.

So this time of year, I hide out.  In my family, it's also when most of the deaths occur--April 30 time frame.

Be safe and hide out with me. LOL!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment