Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a Two Cuppa Day



Some days, I need an extra jolt to get moving.  Many nights, our dogs get up one, two, or even three times during the night, especially in 'bunny season.'  That's when rabbits decide to wander into our fenced in backyard.  The reason they do that is either to get something to eat (from our plants that I plant) or to hide out from predators.  Sometimes, it's to give birth to their babies.

When our dogs get the scent of a bunny in our yard, they have to go out to chase it.  Usually I don't even know the thing is there, or I wouldn't let them outside.  And no, they've never caught one.  They wouldn't know what to do if they did.  But to them, it's their job.

To me, it means lack of sleep.  Thus, the coffee jolt during the day.  Then, I'm up at night, unable to sleep after one of the bunny runs.  My husband usually sleeps through all of it, so it's my job.  Lucky me.

Today was a two cuppa day for me...at least.

Lately, I've been making my coffee with skim milk, a little sweetener (monk fruit in the raw is delicious, by the way), and I add just a BIT of vanilla ice cream (like a tablespoon).  That's my dessert.  Delicious!  I'm surprised that's not a 'thing' people are clamoring to eat.  It's excellent!

So enjoy your cuppa joe (coffee slang).  You'll probably be drinking coffee with me, regardless of the time of day you drink it.  I should form a coffee clatch or something, with this guy:



Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment