Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Lacking Energy

Some days, I wake up not sure where I am.  I go through the day, lacking energy, or so I think.

I think everyone feels that way most of the time.  Why bother getting all excited about work, because it IS work.  It's the same old thing, day after day.  Bleh.

I think it's more than that, though.  I don't think I lack energy as much as I lack excitement.  Remember the days in elementary school when you couldn't wait to go to school because it was a special day?  Something exciting was going to happen.

What if our jobs were more exciting to us?  What if we looked forward to working?

Thus I come to the real point.  I'm bored.  That's why I'm lacking energy.  There's nothing exciting to get into.  I watch the rest of the world pass me by, with a ton of excitement about things they're doing, meeting new people, going places, and so on.  I sit at home and am bored.

According to this article, a lot of us are bored:  Why Are We So Bored?  It's a very interesting article, talking about how novelty gives us a hit of dopamine, the feel-good chemical in our brain.  We're so used to over-stimulation, anything less is boring.

The moment I realized what was going on, I realized it's my fault I'm bored.  It's all in my head, because of overstimulation.  If I can get excited about something, or set a goal that will be thrilling, my life will be fun.

My mother was a school teacher.  She used to have a mantra, 'Only boring people get bored.'  I don't want to be boring.  Who does?

So, if you're like me, get out of your chair and find something that makes you have fun.  Give yourself a positive self-speech and enjoy your life.  You only have one life, so why waste it being bored?  Every one needs that hit of novelty, so I, for one, am going to strive to do that once a day.  How about you?

Have a wonderful and fun week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment