Sunday, April 10, 2016

Stupid Phone Calls

Whatever happened to the good old days, when we could sign up to block all callers trying to sell us something?  I think the sellers don't even follow that anymore.

I get calls all day long from stupid recordings (you'd think they'd respond to my voice) and autodialers to see when I'm home.  (Those are annoying calls when no one's on the other end of the line).

And, this being election season, I'm also getting calls from every person running for anything, with their hands out over the phone asking for donations.

Enough already.  I've taken to doing this...if I don't recognize the number coming up on my phone, I push talk and end right away.  I'm just sick of those calls.

Anyone else agree?  I've also argued with more than one salesman on why I don't ever give money over the phone (like I have any to hand out).  I trust no one calling me.

Now my husband, bless his soul, is so nice to telemarketers.  So I take care of that problem, too.  If they ask for him, no matter what he's doing, he's not available.  He's usually busy (I don't even check anymore), so it's no lie.  They promise to call later when he's not busy, but when and if they do, he's busy, because I'm a nasty gatekeeper.

The one that got me, though, was the other day, Breast Cancer Am called (I assume that's America).  They have a 'smart' recording that's an idiot.  They say, 'Hiya _(name)__' more than once.  If you ask any questions or say 'are you on drugs or something?' they say, 'We'll call back later' and hang up.  Weirdest call yet.  They've called here TWICE.  Very odd. Some smart recording that is. LOL!

Anyway, do as I do.  Get rid of the telemarketers.  Don't answer, or answer and hang up before you have to wait for the lag for them to answer.  LOL!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment