Saturday, April 2, 2016

Time

Have you ever heard the song, 'Time in a Bottle' by Jim Croce? (Other than on the commercial with the Cookie Monster that's out right now?)

I believe this is the verified location, for the people who own the song.  Jim Croce died in a plane accident in 1973.  He initially released the following song, Time In A Bottle, 1972:



The lyrics are:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

Songwriters
JIM CROCE
Published by
Lyrics © BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
 
 
----------------------------
 
Now that you've heard the song and read the lyrics, and probably sang along or it's stuck in your head, I want you to think back over your life.
 
If you could save one moment from the past to be able to relive over and over again, what moment would that be?
 
I have quite a few--I'd need quite a few bottles.  Of course, the day I met my husband (it was hilarious, by the way), when I had each of my children,  and some of our fun vacations.  I'd love to relive them over and over again...every single moment.

But what if for every moment we saved in a bottle because we enjoyed it, a bad moment had to be saved as well, to balance out the good times?  Would you even want to go to the good times if a bad time was hooked to it, as well?

Wow.  What an interesting premise for a book.  LOL!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment