Sunday, May 22, 2016

I'm a Binge Doer

I'm a binger.  Not bing-er, but I binge doing things.  I binge eat.  I binge watch television series on Netflix.  I binge clean.  Yes, and I even binge write.

According to the Internet (and yes, everyone knows everything HAS to be true on there--major eyeroll), binge eating is a mental disorder.  What about bingeing on a lot more than just eating?

I look at it this way.  I binge when I want to.  I can stop when I want to, too.  I think alcoholics say that, as well.  But in this case, it's true.  I have proof in various aspects of my life.. I just go through phases when I'm on a roll for certain things, and writing, for example, is one of them.

As for writing, I'm in a lull right now.  I can't seem to find the right place to work without being bugged, since my old laptop is dying a slow death.  I have a newer laptop that I use downstairs, but it's heavier, so working upstairs while sitting on our bed is tougher (that's my favorite place to write because I can see out the side window and watch our neighbors down the street).

Are you a binge doer?  Do you find that you go through periods where you can't get enough of doing something, but later, you can't be bothered?

I'd be curious to know if I'm alone.

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment