Thursday, May 5, 2016

Plots, Plots, Plots

An old school teacher of mine celebrates his birthday the same day I do.  Thus, we send cards and funny emails to each other.  He's in his 70s, lives with his wife in PA, and an overall nice guy.  He said I'm the only one he knows that shares his birthday.

Anyway, he sent me this recently:

Today's generation daughter texts Dad on MODERN MARRIAGE WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT 


"Daddy, I am coming home to get married, soon. Get out your check book. LOL I'm in love with a boy who is far away from me. I am in Australia , and he lives in  Scotland . We met on a dating website, became friends on Facebook, had long chats on Whatsapp, he proposed to me on Skype, and now we've had two months of relationship through Viber. My beloved and favorite Dad, I need your blessing, good wishes, and a really  big wedding! Lots of love and thanks, from your favorite daughter. Lilly"


-------------
 Lilly's Dad's reply (also texting)... (Dad has it all together)
"My Dear Lilly, Like Wow! Really? Cool!  Whatever! I suggest you two get married on Twitter, have fun on Tango, buy your kids on Amazon, and pay for it all through Paypal. And when you get fed up with this  new husband, sell him on Ebay! 
L.O.L. Daddy"!

Cracked me up!  I sent it to a writing friend and she wrote back, 'there's a plot for ya.'  Too funny!  Can you imagine a story based on this?  Hilarious!

Thanks for the idea, Nan!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment