First up, the Slacker. His name? Slack Idle. Slack is the type of person who:
- thinks he knows all but when push comes to shove, he knows nothing
- always has an excuse for not doing their work
- takes a leadership role so he doesn't have to actually work
- loves to party
- never starts an assignment/project until the last minute
- blames others for his lack of conviction
- doesn't do more work than he absolutely has to
- does enough to just get by
So, in a book, Slack would be the one belittling the main character, telling the MC that they are worthless, when in reality, Slack is the worthless one, because he's lazy. By belittling others, Slack makes himself look better.
Know anyone like Slack in your life? Yep...we all do.
Have a great day!