Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Journey in the Woods--Psych Test

When I was a kid, my dad learned about this psychological test about a journey into the woods.  You took the journey with the questioner, and then they would tell you what all the things meant.  I recently found the journey online:  A Walk In The Woods Test – Relational Psychology Test

It's an interesting look at what you value, and how they relate to your personal life. You're asked the following questions:

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your Dream House. Describe its size.5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?8. What do you do with the cup?9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is is it?10. How will you cross the water?
Each of your answers represent something in your life.  When I took the test, there was also a log you had to step over, to indicate how you dealt with big problems in your life.  I think my brother said it was a stick and he threw it away.  If I remember correctly, I said it was a huge tree trunk and I had problems getting over it.  That's pretty accurate.  Nothing seems to bug my brother, but I, on the other hand, have more of an issue dealing with problems.

Try it and see what you get.  I'd be curious to know how it works out.  I should give this to my characters to see how they'd react, too.  Always inside a book in my head.  LOL!

Have a great day!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment