Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wish Someone Would Invent This!

My daughter and her boyfriend (he's a keeper!) visited last weekend.  She's working at college on the other side of the state this summer, and he graduated 2 years ago (from the same college) and is living about 1/2 hour from us on this side of the state.

They both talk so fast, I have problems understanding them.  It might be a Wisconsin thing and she's picked it up, or it might be from the boyfriend's family.

Anyway, we went out for a pizza buffet.  They were sitting across from me, and I could hear what they were saying but had no clue what they were trying to say, since they talk so fast.  I told everyone that I need a closed captioning for regular life.  I wanted to see what they saying, and desperately needed the words under their mouths.

Our son said there should be a way to do what I want, with Google glasses and a speech-to-text interpreter.

Here's how it would work.  You wear the glasses and the text appears on the glasses at the bottom as they speak, just like closed captioning on television.

Wow.  I need that!  I'm thinking this would be a great idea for a bunch of things! If I were in a foreign country, it could translate/interpret it for me as I listened.  I wouldn't be able to reply, but at least I'd know if I were being yelled at or taken for a tourist.  For people who are deaf, this would be invaluable.  And for older people who don't talk as fast as people speak, this would be great.

So you people who like to invent things, this is doable.  It just would need to be put together and marketable and I'd buy it, I think...depending on price.

Great ideas come from strange situations sometimes.

Have a great day!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment