Friday, September 16, 2016

The Minutes of a Day

I started to reflect on my day after I took our youngest kid back to college.  She was here all summer long.  We had a great time and I didn't get much done.  But when she was gone, the days seemed so much longer, with more time to do my things.

We have 24 hours in a day.  That's 1440 minutes.  For me, I spend almost all of that time at home.  Subtracting out 8 hours for sleeping (if I'm lucky), about 2 hours for meals (also, if I'm lucky), and that's 14 hours of time for ME.  Wow.  I didn't know how to handle that, after this past summer.  (And yes, I'm using numbers to make it more 'real' to the reader, and not writing the numbers out).

So I sat down and made a schedule.  I packed it with things I knew I had to do (mow, feed and walk the dogs, make meals, clean, etc.) and still had time left over.

What would you do with around 8 hours a day to yourself?  I know...some of that time is sucked up with social media and watching television.

It made me think about what they did before television was around.  Granted, it took longer to do things because they didn't have the modern appliances we have today.  But they had to get more done than we do now, right?

Anyway, turn off the television, limit computer use, and see what you can accomplish today.  It's amazing when you think about it!

Have a great day!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment