What are some ways to psychologically intimidate someone? Well I thought of 20...but I'm sure there are more. Enjoy!
- Meet with the victim but bring along thugs
- Silence with an unfocused stare--it makes people uncomfortable
- Move into their personal space
- Stand over them
- Hands on hips makes the character look larger than they are
- Puff out chest and set jaw.
- Appear to be calm yet fearless
- Show power and confidence
- Start nice but turn on ferocity fast to throw them off balance.
- Hold personal information and silently threaten them with going to authorities
- Make the victim think the intimidator has unpredictable mental issues
- Make eye contact, and threaten with a smile
- Hurting or threatening an innocent to force an action from the victim
- Surprise attack
- Stockholm syndrome
- Bullying and Humiliation
- Psychological projection (attributing bad behavior by attributing it to others)
- Never apologize for bad behavior
- Gaslighting (Ambient Abuse: Gaslight Effect and the Diabolical Personality--false information is deliberately presented to the victim to make them doubt themselves)
Here's something else that's very helpful, from Bullying:
Bullies couldn't exist without victims, and they don't pick on just anyone; those singled out lack assertiveness and radiate fear long before they ever encounter a bully. No one likes a bully, but no one likes a victim either. Grown-up bullies wreak havoc in their relationships and in the workplace.
Have a great day!
How to Intimidate People
What are some silent psychological intimidation tactics people use?
Throwing Others on the Defensive: Manipulation via Overt or Covert Intimidation
Ambient Abuse: Gaslight Effect and the Diabolical Personality