When I'm disgusted, I also put my teeth together, open my lips, and wrinkle my nose. I don't know if others do that, but it seems to show disgust to me. Kind of like this (from Disgust):
So how do you convey disgust without making a reader confused? Here are some ideas from the references below. Have your character display:
- a curled upper lip or a tight frown
- narrow or partially closed eyes
- head shake (side-to-side as in 'no')
- sticking out their tongue as if going to vomit
- wrinkle or draw up the nose
- sneer or snarl
In addition, your character could mention their disgust by using one of the following words:
Can you think of any more?
Have a great day!
How to Show (Not Tell) an Emotion–A to D
Dictionary of Interjections