Monday, October 17, 2016

Writing about City Life

"You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl."  I'm not sure who originally wrote it, but it's been used a lot.  I just can't find the quoter.

Anyway, I grew up in the country.  My parents had about three acres of land in a very small town.  I decided to get a job in Washington, D.C., because 'I was tough' and could handle it.  Let me tell ya...it's not easy being a small town girl in a big city.

Here are a few things I found:


  • the city is dirty
  • people aren't as moral as in the country
  • the homeless can be intimidating
  • everything's more expensive
  • people aren't friendly
  • traffic is awful
  • public transportation
  • more amenities and shopping areas
  • hospitals and schools more abundant
  • higher crime
  • more people and strangers to worry about
  • no ownership for taking care of local problems
  • more jobs

I'm sure there are more.  Care to add some?

Have a great day!
SweetTale Books

-----------------------------------
References:
City Life: Essay on advantages and disadvantage of City Life

No comments:

Post a Comment