Here's an excellent recipe to make everyone smile, even if they do have chocolate in their mouths. :)
Double Chocolate Mint Walnut Cookies
1/2 cup salted butter, softened (1 stick=8 tbsp.)
3/8 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup Andes candies mint chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Heat oven to 350.
- In one small bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix.
- In a bigger bowl, beat butter and sugars (brown and white) together.
- Add egg and mint extract. Beat.
- Mix in dry ingredients from smaller bowl.
- Add in Andes candies and walnut pieces. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Put spoonfuls on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.