Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Fireplace, a Good Book, and a Cup of Hot Chocolate

Do you remember the old Christmas carols that made you smile?  Frosty, Jingle Bells, White Christmas...all fun and memorable.

What else can give you warmth like that this time of year?

When I want to just relax, I go someplace quiet, like in front of a crackling fireplace, with a cup of hot chocolate, and read a good book.  Have you ever done that?  It's amazing!  You can completely lose yourself in a situation like that.

I binge-read a series of books just like that when we were moving from Kansas to Wisconsin.  I didn't want to go, because I had friends in Kansas.  But my husband was worried he'd lose his job, since his company was laying off, big time.  So I bought books.  I hid and read.  It was a fond memory for me, because I could shrug off the work to move and just relax.

The next time you need a pick-me-up, try the book thing, and turn on some great Christmas carols for background music.  Your brain will thank you later.

And, of course, if you need some fun books that'll give you that escape, check out the books at www.sweettalebooks.com.  I know you'll love 'em.



Have a great day!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment