Monday, December 26, 2016

Tired Characters

The Friday before last Friday, I was downright tired.  I'd cleaned the house for two hours (getting ready for our kids to come home from college and for Christmas), shoveled and did the snow blowing (it was snowing all day long), and made dinner.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but it was just downright tiring.

Do you ever let your characters get tired or take a break?  When I wrote my first book, the hero did so much to keep the heroine happy, he got no down time.  I look back over that thing and just laugh.  He had to be so tired, that by the end of the book, he was probably looking at me and saying some mean things.

Let your characters live a normal life.  Let them eat.  Let them sleep.  Let them even get a shower and do personal things.  It's all part of life and your characters will thank you.  😀

Have a good one!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment