Friday, January 13, 2017

Those Late Night Plotting Sessions are Brutal!

The other night, I woke up around 3:30 with a dog's four paws shoved into my back. I was facing toward the side of the bed and knew my bed real estate was diminishing.  I moved my leg...another dog had curled up around my foot and up my calf.  I was just waiting for the third dog to move on top of my head.  It'd happened before.

Usually, I just shove the dogs over to my husband's side of the bed, but this time, I lay there, trying to ignore the claws that were bound to make an appearance if the dog at my back started to dream.  I couldn't sleep, so I plotted.

Why is it the best plots happen in the middle of the night, but when you fall asleep and wake up in the morning, you've forgotten all of it?

I used to have this practice of taking a 'plotting nap' during the middle of the day.  I usually didn't sleep, but I'd close my eyes and get rid of all other thoughts except for the story I was working on.  Since I have other things to do during the day, my plotting sessions are usually brought on by snoring dogs with a hugging agenda.

Anyway, this time, I remembered a lot of the plot.  So a-plotting I go!  Lucky me!

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment