Monday, June 19, 2017

Plots smacking me in the head

I must have some sort of weird character magnet.  Once again, something strange happened to me.  I'm not sure if I mentioned a few things that have happened over the years, but here are a few--and these were all strangers:

* Random lady stops me in a grocery store to ask me how to make potato salad (I'm not a good cook)
* Strange man in pickup stops me on the street while I'm walking our dogs to take a picture of the dogs
* Priest is walking by our home while I'm mowing to ask me how to get to the Catholic Church a few blocks away.  (That one still disturbs me...what priest doesn't know where his church is?)

I get these types of encounters ALL the time.  I think I have invisible ink on my head that says, 'talk to me.'

So the other day, I was outside pulling up flags on our property from a failed city contract to redo a street.  I no sooner than grabbed about four of the MANY MANY flags when a neighbor pulled up and stopped in front of me to talk.  No big deal.  She and her husband stop all the time like that just to catch up on gossip.

We were talking when this car pulled in front of the neighbor's car, parked in front of our house, and the woman got out. She was a much older woman but wasn't smiling.  She headed right for me.  I said, "Do I know you?"

She said, "No, but you're hilarious how you talk with your hands."

She kept talking to us when our neighbor figured out who she was.  She's related to someone at the other end of the street and 'different,' to say the least.  The woman finally got back into her car and took off.

I told the neighbor this place is weird and I can't WAIT to move someplace normal.  She laughed because she and her husband would love to move to Florida.  I've been saying I want to move since we moved in, almost 14 years ago.

Anyway, this week, it's time to rethink how much stuff I want to move when my husband decides to retire in about 9 or more years.  One moving Pod.  That's what I'm telling my kids.  After that 'character' encounter with the old lady making fun of how I talk with my hands...it might just be sooner.  😎

Have a great week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment