Monday, July 10, 2017

Working...working...working...

Have you ever had a revelation in your life, where things all of a sudden just come together?

Last week, we went to Lifest in Oshkosh for 3 days (off and on).  It's a Christian concert of many many bands.  You bring chairs and sit in an open field, out in the sun, with various big screens set up so you can actually see the stage.

I'd been working on the last of the Three Cross Faith books for the past few months and had come to a stand-still.  I was ready to scrap the entire thing and start over...before Lifest.  I watched the bands and had a revelation about the story that really fit.  As I watched the bands on the stage, I realized that they're just normal people with extraordinary lives.  They get along with their band mates, but have to travel a lot just to make it.  Even so, they do it with a smile on their face and energy like I've never seen before.  I think I've known this in the past when writing the other five books in the series, but this time, it hit me once again.  I needed to make my characters human.

I know.  Weird revelation after writing 58 books.  It's not a new thought I've ever had, but for some reason, it really hit me for this story that I'm working on.  Dylan's love life needs it (he's a character in the series who just can't find love even though he's dated a lot).

So, stay tuned for the last of the Three Cross Faith books.  I like this one as much, if not more, than the other five, and I just loved those books.  It'll take me a while to finish it, but it's coming along nicely.

Have a great day!
Eryn of SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment