Monday, September 4, 2017

To be a writer...

...you have to write.  I forget where I heard that from, but it really struck a chord with me.

It's one of those 'well, duh' moments, I know, but it means a lot more than that.  You can't just say 'I'm a writer' but haven't written much or anything at all.

I've been watching this one series where one of the main characters is a famous writer.  He's worth a ton of money...but you never see him writing.  He's probably a 'one-book' wonder, and now is terrified that he can't write anymore to live up to that expectation.

Have you ever had that fear?  After one book, you know you can never get back that mojo?  We've all done that, as writers, but I go back to the phrase, 'To be a writer you have to write.'  Fear inhibits that writing instinct, so get rid of the fear and just write.

Have a super week!
SweetTale Books

No comments:

Post a Comment