Monday, October 30, 2017

Attention all writers! Cool new names site--names.org!

I received an email from someone who wanted me to add their link to my posting about 10 Strong Female Character Names as a reference.  I went to their site, and to be honest, I was blown away by how much information is on there.

The site is Names.org.  Let me show you an example.  I seem to love the name James when I write, and usually have to change the name before I publish.  I tend to forget that I've used it for various books in the past but just love that name.  I should've named our son that, but my husband had other ideas.

Anyway, if you enter the name James, you get this:

https://www.names.org/n/james/about

You get:

  • meanings
  • dictionary sources
  • other dictionary sources
  • Wiktionary 
  • notable people named James
  • notable persons with the last name of James
  • popularity of the name over time
  • where the name is popular in the U.S.
  • common last and first names for the word 'James'
  • ethnicity distribution
  • fun facts about the name
  • what James' have visited the site
  • a poster for the name

And even more links!  What a cool site!  Whoever made this site spent a great deal of time doing it, along with researching all of it.  Wow.  Great job!

So go visit Names.org and put in your name, or your character's name.  It'll help a lot with your character background.  YAY!  I love new resources!

Have a great week!
Markee

No comments:

Post a Comment